I am rather fond of collecting (as my long-suffering husband will testify to) –
- books – I seem to like collecting books, although I rarely read them again, as I remember too clearly what happens in them, so don’t enjoy reading them again! I am the same with watching films again – I don’t see the point!
- recipe books – the one type of book which I do love looking at again and again.
- old books – these include recipe books, favourite childhood story books, a few old psalters (the church I grew up in used a split leaf psalter to sing from)
- over the years I have assembled a collection of teddy bears – none are very old, but some are significant because of who gave them to me or where I bought them
- clutter! I am not great at throwing things away, especially something which might have sentimental significance – so I still have lots of mothers day cards, hand print crafts from my kids, old letters etc.
- talking of old letters, I seem to have inherited this collecting bug, as I have this old tin box of letters and cards saved by my grandfather. They make fascinating reading and a glimpse into their lives ….. I suppose future generations will read our blogs instead!
- finally I have this excercise book from my great grandmother Maria Allen, dated 1882. Isn’t her writing amazing?!
Over to you…..do you collect? Please share.
For more bloggy collectors, you can visit HERE and find lots of other bloggers who are linking up in this 31 Day Daily Blogging Challenge.