I am rather fond of collecting (as my long-suffering husband will testify to) –
- books – I seem to like collecting books, although I rarely read them again, as I remember too clearly what happens in them, so don’t enjoy reading them again! I am the same with watching films again – I don’t see the point!
- recipe books – the one type of book which I do love looking at again and again.
- old books – these include recipe books, favourite childhood story books, a few old psalters (the church I grew up in used a split leaf psalter to sing from)
- over the years I have assembled a collection of teddy bears – none are very old, but some are significant because of who gave them to me or where I bought them
- clutter! I am not great at throwing things away, especially something which might have sentimental significance – so I still have lots of mothers day cards, hand print crafts from my kids, old letters etc.
- talking of old letters, I seem to have inherited this collecting bug, as I have this old tin box of letters and cards saved by my grandfather. They make fascinating reading and a glimpse into their lives ….. I suppose future generations will read our blogs instead!