1. One of my kids DID learn about St Patrick in school this year – this was created by my 5 year old.
2. A friend (new to facebook, and trying to convince her she really does want to blog!) let me know about some special packaging for St Patrick’s Day in our local supermarket.
Nothing says celebrating the patron saint of Ireland like sour cream and chive!
Whilst there, I also spotted these, and could not resist buying them…..just to share with my bloggy readers of course!
3. Having a friend from England over to stay, taking her to the North Coast, and sharing the sights as well as warm-ish sunny days was lovely. Having someone stay with you as their holiday makes you feel on holiday too!We packed lots in, and I will make a separate post of our weekend, but here are a few images to share for now.
4. I will however share a planned evening in a charming old inn (Bushmills Inn), with live traditional music including a harp and a fiddle. It did not however turn into quite the pleasant evening we had hoped for. We had just secured a lovely little snug with sofa and roaring peat fire when my phone rings. The babysitter rang to say our 5 year old had woken with croup and vomiting and is now really upset. My husband gallantly returned to the cottage to settle him, while our friend and I enjoyed our drinks and the music, but feeling very guilty. We rang to see how things were going …. not well…..so our lovely babysitter turned into a taxi-driver and came to pick us up and bring us back.
5. Be very thankful for lovely helpful neighbours who are also babysitters and a taxi drivers (see lesson 4 above). She has however been baby sitting for us for almost 4 years, and this is the first time any child has been ill, so hopefully she won’t be too put off!
6. Finally I was glad to learn that TK Maxx know their customers well. Outside one of their shops in Belfast there was considerable road works and building work in progress, but they had this sign displayed :-
“T K Maxx – We’re Still Open – Road works never stopped women shopping”
Seen any funny signs recently?
For more lessons learned, each week Jo-Lynne hosts What I Learned This Week.