Over at Dusty Bear’s yahoo group there is a great topic on sharing out tips. Mine are not technical and very much from the point of view of a new digital scrapper, but I thought I would share them with you :
- It is NOT compulsory to download EVERY freebie you find (I am trying to be a bit more discerning now, but still get into a freebie frenzy some days!)
- As Barney says “Please and thankyou are the magic words” – try to say thanks and post comments when you do download.
- If you are intimidated and don’t know where to start – start with some challenges – especially template challenges. Dusty Bear got me creating with her first challenge in January. I tend to look for challenges at DigiscrapDiva, GottaPixel and 3 Scrapateers.
- BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP – I have learnt by my mistakes – please learn from mine too!
- Finally, dive in and created – don’t spend all day in forums and stores and blogs like this!
So here are a few layouts I have been working on for various challenges.
Credits – Background page by Kate Smith
Kit – Purdy by NitWit
Template – template 2 by scrapbooklayouts.com
Font – Edwardian Script
This is my eldest daughter and my son on the beach at Portrush in February.
Template – Rachel Giallongo at TheDigiChick
Kit – Family Style by GabHappy
Font – Harrison
So that’s all for now – still working on layout from the wedding at the weekend – hope to post soon.