- The bathroom is not quite finished, but from this angle it looks like it is!
Here you go ….
I love it, and the bath is so deep and comfortable.
Here is what it USED to look like – just 2 weeks ago!We have lived with this Room of Doom/Gloom for 11 years, so it was finally time to say goodbye……
When the final bits and pieces (electric shower, mirror, lights, fan etc) are completed I will do whole post with before, during and after photos – promise!
- Who knew an Icelandic volcano could cause so much chaos. One of my brother’s is still stuck in New York. Fortunately my parents got away on their trip to Luxembourg and Belgium before the flights were effected. They have another week before they are due home, and must maybe everything will be back to normal by then – but not sure. Do you know anyone who is being affected by the chaos?
- Visit to the vets can be painful – and not just for the cat………. for the credit card too! George, the OTHER redhead in our family(!) was up to his usual mischief having “encountered” another cat on Friday afternoon. He then, as is his habit after a fight, disappeared for 6 hours, finally coming home at 10pm.
No obvious wounds, but still looking uncomfortable the next morning, so we headed to the vets. Two injections later he looked more than offended, and for once gladly lept back into his cat basket to come back home. Fortunately no significant problems found THIS time, but only a few weeks ago we saw him chasing away a fox at the cottage!
Here he is this afternoon, looking like the cat who has just had the cream!
- Sometimes missed opportunities unsettle me, and I have had a few this past week. One was a crafters business course, but it is running over the summer months, and I need one that is on during term time while the kids are at school.
The other was the chance to have my jewellery business www.janmarydesigns.com be featured in a glossy UK woman’s magazine – but that is not now happening either! However, I feel a real peace about both this opportunities not working out, that the timing was not right for our family, and I know that in God’s timing the right opportunities will be there.
How do you feel when things you hope to happen don’t work out?
- Kids love to garden, and the more muck the better!
My husband and son did some planting this weekend – sunflowers and sweet pea.
My 5 year old was so excited, and checks daily for progress. Hoping they grow, and I will be sure to share if they do!
- I have had a few custom orders recently for www.janmarydesigns.com – a necklace and bracelet for a wedding outfit
I love the chance to create unique and bespoke items to match a customer’s request, and it is such a satisfying and rewarding aspect of creating jewelery for others.
- As another part of janmary designs I recently made this digital scrapbooking page for a family who were given a paper-scrapbooking album to record their granddaughter’s progress and they have chosen to continue the book with digital pages. This is the 4th page in a series I have made for them.
That is my lessons for this week. What have you learned?
For other lessons learned, visit From Inmates to Playmates.
Watch out for a new blog header coming soon – now that I have committed to it here on the blog, the theory is that I will be more likely to do it …. well that’s the theory!!!