The best thing about this WFMW (Works for me Wednesday) is that the whole idea was my eldest daughter’s and she did all the work involved!
1. Find a willing older sibling who wants to create a treasure hunt for the rest of the family.
2. Set her to work writing the clues
She wrote 12 in total – here is a sample
Clue number 7 is where you might see
A misty view of the blue sea.
(the clue was on the window sill of my daughters bedroom here at the cottage where you can just about get a glimpse of the sea if you stand on your tiptoes and angle your head correctly!)
3. Provide something to hide the clues in and some little treats (in our case hollow plastic eggs and little chicks)
4. Provide a final prize (in our case some Cadbury’s mini eggs)
5. Let them get on with it, sit back and relax, ready to take photos of the happy kids!
6. Try to persuade your son to share his prize – not so easy! See those chipmunk cheeks filled with mini eggs?!!
It worked for me this week!
They had such fun that I hope I can persuade them to do it again at other times of the year – summer, hallowe’en, Christmas, valentines…….
What would you like my list post to be about 10 top places to visit on north coast of Northern Ireland 10 top kids activities on north coast of Northern Ireland my 10 top photos my 10 top digital scrapbook layouts Something else! (leave a comment)
Come back tomorrow to see what a blog about! (and please vote, or I will feel very ignored!)