I am starting this post in Bristol airport. I am awaiting my flight home after a wonderful long weekend away. Bristol is a great city in south west of England, and I love to visit friends there.
I arrived over on Thursday evening, and it was lovely to be driving into Bristol with the view of the Clifton suspension bridge, then across The Downs to see my friends’ new home. It is hard to believe it is nearly 5 years since we lived here.
1. It is great to keep making the effort not to lose touch with friends who no longer live close by.
2. I would love to live in a 1930’s house with lots of original features, but only if I can take my kitchen with me. I loved this original doorbell.
4. When you go to one of 8 brasserie restaurants owned by a famous chef, although the chances of seeing him/talking to him may be very remote…..IT CAN HAPPEN …… will post more about it on Day 3 of my trip! Be sure to come back. Of course you may not have a clue who he is, but I will forgive you….just!
5. Much as I love my family, it was a lovely 3 day break when the only person you are responsible for is yourself!
6. It is great to be home again too – there’s no place like home 🙂
7. It can be good to cry! I made a digital layout for a friend of her twin daughters as a surprise, and it made her cry….in a good way. Here is the layout.
For more great lessons, visit Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife.