Quite a few lessons this week
1. Even though Milly the Build-a-Bear-rabbit may be ready for some sunny Bank Holiday Monday weather, this is almost certain to guarantee rain. Her deck chair and itsy bitsy polka dot bikini were a new purchase by my daughter, but definitely not required. We often have quite a warm sunny spell in May, but not this year.
2. Piano exams are just as stressful for the parents as it is for their kids – my daughter sat her first “Initial” piano exam yesterday, and I don’t think I breathed once during all 3 of her pieces as I sat in the waiting room listening to her play.
3. Taking care of a neighbour’s rabbit when they are away is also stressful, especially when your kids are convinced he is “saggy” and “skinny” and “not moving”! However a quick visit next door soon assured my mummy brain that the aforementioned rabbit was not going to be “RIP” anytime soon, and was looking very bright eyed and bushy tailed.
4. My dh has learned that dealing with press conferences and tv interviews is MUCH MORE stressful than co-ordinating the delivery of 6 babies.
You can read more on the BBC HERE and see a short interview with him. (For international visitors, is this what you thought our accent would sound like?)
5. My son’s red hair is incredibly cute, especially when poking through the top of his bicycle helmet!
6. I finally learned that when I ask my bloggy readers for questions, and then don’t answer them all promptly, I feel enourmous guilt!!! Sorry folks – I will reply to them, honestly.
So, have you learned anything this week which you care to share? Please do.
For more lessons learned, visit Musings of a Housewife