Another week has flown by, and here are a few lessons I learned along the way.
- It is wonderful to wave good bye to my old appliances – the oven with the wonky door, the dishwasher with the wonky door (notice a theme here), the hob, the extractor fan…. Our local council collected them yesterday, and no…..I don’t miss then one bit.
- I love my new “runway” lights in my kitchen. They are fitted into the plinth under my units, and create a “cool” look according to my kids.
The daytime look (obviously not planning on having them on during the day, but wanted to show how they looked!)
The evening look
The nightime look
Do they remind you slightly of runway lights at an airport, or is that just me?! I love them anyway.
- Changing over to my OWN DOMAIN name has been surprisingly easy, and yes, I should have done it ages ago. Be sure to update (or add me to!) your blog roll.
- I love to buy things that make me happy, even when they don’t have a function or serve a purpose!
- A new team of Compassion Bloggers are currently on a life changing trip in India. Life changing not just for them, but for the lives of the children who will be sponsored as a result of the awareness raised by the trip.
You can follow all the blogs HERE.
Our family sponsors a little girl in Uganda called Fiona as a result of the blogger trip there last year.
Finally I have 3 digital scrapbooking layouts to share.
This page is using a lovely mini kit from Dusty Bear called Spright and uses one of my favourite photos from the Easter Holidays.
The quote came from a blog comment left about the photo of my kids enjoying the rain. So a special thanks to Jen at Our Daily Big Top.
The other 2 are my weekly summaries of my daily photos, using LIFE 365 by Weeds and Wildflowers. There is a great incentive to keep these weekly summaries up to date, as every fortnight we get a chance to share our layouts, and in return Gina sends us an add-on the the Life 365 collection.
Tonight I am really looking forward to a visit to Eden Pottery in Milllisle, Co Down with some friends from church. It is one of those places you can decorate your own piece of pottery, so no surprise that I plan to “create” something for the new kitchen with perhaps some duck egg blue (or should that be SeaUrchin 4!)
So, have you learned anything this week? Do share.