I learned the following this week
1. As a dedicated blogger and photographer of everyday moments, don’t make pancakes for breakfast on Pancake Day and then forget to photograph the aforementioned pancakes before they are all eaten!
2. Enjoy the simple things with your kids – my 4 year old and I walked home from Nursery School and I let him use my point and shoot camera to take pics of the different colours we could find on our walk.
3. Daughter’s are never too old for their bedtime teddies.
4. Sticker charts still work for 11 and 9 year olds, and have been a great success this week.
5. You need to make a commitment to a small group if it is to flourish. If we take it for granted then we are in danger of it folding. In our tuesday morning fellowship group we got our wake-up call and recommitted to the group. The support, friendship and fellowship are too important. We now a renewed vision and purpose.
6. Four year olds need careful supervision while collecting eggs, or they drop them into the basket from a great height. Only one egg casualty, and no hens were harmed during this collection today!
7. As a mum, I should not feel guilty for staying at home with my kids, nor describe myself as “just a mum”.
8. When you decide to host a blogging carnival, maybe it would be easier to pay someone else than struggle for hours to make and insert the button, but I made it! (Thanks Jo-Lynn). More details on MY CARNIVAL in the next few days – you won’t want to miss it (I hope!)
Those have been my lessons for this week, and also some photos from today, as part of Project 365. What have you learned this week?
For more visit Musings of a Housewife for a great blogging carnival.