My kids are ALL off to school – yes, ALL THREE – at the same time!!!
In almost 11 years of parenting, and apart from short times at pre-school/nursery school, this is the first time when I will be child-free from 9am to 2 pm
Our primary school does not believe in rushing things, so my son raced into his class room for his first ever experience of school, only to be collected by me ONE HOUR later! He was so keen to go, and take his lunch box with him too. However it will be at least October before he gets to eat lunch in school, and November before the sacred pick-up time of 2pm arrives.
Here are photos from this morning
DON’T let this angelic face mislead you – he was as much a bundle of energy as ever, so excited to be starting school.
Middle daughter (before she got nervous) and George (looking forward to some peace!)
Lessons learned (about school) this week
- I am not looking forward to all the afternoon pickup times – 2pm, 3pm, 3.30pm and then if they stay for afterschool activities, some days there will be 4pm or 4.30 pm pickups. Most kids here are taken/collected by car or walk. There are few school buses for primary school age kids, and if you are older, there are only buses to the more rural areas.
- It was lovely to see him so keen to go this morning, and surprisingly I did not feel that emotional about it. In fact my middle daughter was probably more nervous today, as I think she misses having her big sister in the same school.
- I LOVE to get huge parcels in the post. And I LOVE them even more when they contain gorgeous kitchen goodies. Remember the sponsored giveaway by www.cookwareessentials.co.uk? I chose the Nigella Lawson cream cake plate and blue storage jar. The blue is a perfect match for the kitchen, and the more neutral plate will also match the dining room. I am also considering using it for some interior decor stuff in the autumn or at Christmas.
- My husband was thrilled with his Wii age of 33 yesterday, when we played on Wii Sport with the kids. That was……..he was thrilled until I scored an age of 32!!!
- I learned that I need some inspiration for a modern bathroom makeover, so if you have any great links to inspire me, that would be wonderful. Now that the kitchen makeover is complete, I want to keep the momentum up and not wait another 10 years before we makeover the next room. I am thinking along the lines of white and contemporary with neutral tiles and accessories. So don’t let me down, bloggy friends, inspire me!
So what have you learned this week? Have you any bathroom links for me? Do your kids start school so slowly/gently?
For more lessons, be sure to visit Jo-Lynne over at Musings of a Housewife – it is where lots of bloggers share their lessons each week.