Good evening and welcome to my news bulletin!
And tonight’s main headlines….
- My blog gets on the front page of ivillage.com
- I have attended the first night of a Parenting Course
- I have scrapped some Autumn pics with a wonderful autumn kit
- And later in the show…..some “Action” photos taken for my online photography course with CJ
So as you can see, I have a packed programme for you tonight.
- First my TOOT – I was on the front page of ivillage.com – my blog post with my easy autumn craft involving a leaves and a microwave was chosen to be highlighted by BlogHer.
I knew my moment of fame (!) would not last long so of course I took a screen capture to preserve the moment!
- Parenting Course
A group of churches in our area has organised a Parenting Course (21st Century Parent: The Course) run by Care For the Family – a great organisation which promotes family life and supports families experiencing difficulties. I went with a group of friends, and if the first night is anything to go by, it will be really enjoyable and worthwhile.
The main message I took home from last night was that we are not alone. All parents experience highs and lows. We should be prepared to acknowledge that it is not all easy, offer support to others who need it, and be prepared to ask for help ourselves.
- Want to see some autumn layouts?
Here are 2 I completed over the weekend (click images for credits)
They were both made using “Kickin’ Up the Leaves” by Gina Marie Huff at Weeds & Wildflower Designs.
- Photography Course – this week’s module
The assignment for this week in the photography course was to capture some ACTION shots. My kids were willing models and jumped and ran on demand – no bribery required! I really like how there grafitti shots turned out, and before this course I would never have considered taking pics of my kids in front of some. I am sure we got some odd looks!
The weather up to the weekend has been glorious – crisp and sunny autumn days which has been wonderful for my photography course. The more typical wind and rain have now arrived, so I am glad I was able to take advantage of the lovely weather while I could.
- And finally (I love how the news readers end their programmes like that!)
Some breaking news – I have been offered the chance to create some layouts for one of my fav doodler designers….can you guess? Hopefully I can reveal WHO it is very soon.
Until next time, take care.