My lessons learned this week
- Life is Good
Hands up if you like it?
Hands up if your other half (or YOU, if you are a male reader) would not share the enthusiasm? Our brains just work differently!
- When painting the utility room, be careful of the cat! George managed to aquire some Ivory matt paint on his fur, then redistribitute it onto our back door.
- It HAS been WORTH THE WAIT – we are NEARLY there with the kitchen/family room makeover – new shelving unit now installed in the family room end of the kitchen.
Shelves still remarkabely uncluttered, but don’t worry it won’t take me long as I have lots of boxes still to unpack.
When is the big reveal? Probably Thursday of this week, but I am heading away this weekend, so might not make it.
- Can’t wait to see my friends in Bristol this weekend. We lived there for a year and I made some wonderful friends. Will have lots of opportunities to catch up with them as lots of social activities will be happening when I am there. I will post about my trip next week, but one of the events happening is a charity breakfast at Bordeaux Quay restaurant for Bluebell Nurses to help for those suffering Post Natal Depression (PPD). As this is something I have personally experienced I am delighted to be there to support this.
- When planning to take your family for a walk somewhere you have never been before, it is a good idea to have definite directions! Following “my nose” did not really help, and it took us 45 minutes instead of the 15 minutes it should have.
Telling everyone it will be really worth while as I will be able to take some wonderful photos of the views does not help when I have to confess I have forgotten to put the battery back into my camera! (At least I remembered to charge it!!!)
- Finally, I love my new spotty brush and dustpan – thanks Mum!
For more Lessons Learned, visit Musings of a Housewife.