Apologies in advance, but this week’s lessons are probably all going to be related in some way to my new iphone – an early birthday present.
1. iphones can be really useful – maybe I am easily impressed, but I am amazed at how easy it is to check email, browse the internet. I did not really much about what they could do before I got mine!
2. Apps (applications – many free!) are really fun….. I now such vital tools as a spirit level with me at all times – you never know when you might need to check if a picture is hanging straight, or which way is North! I am sure I will make a list of my 10 ten free apps for the iphone soon.
3. I can blog from my iphone – admittedly it took me a few attempts, but after a walk along the coast I was able to blog about it and upload pictures within a matter of minutes, while sitting in the car.
4. I love being proud of my children, but what brings even more joy, is seeing them proud of themselves.
My son, after a week of daily swimming lessons, finally got his “Teddy Bear 3” badge, and was SO excited and SO pleased. He kept saying “I can’t believe I did it! I did it! I did it!”
Sorry if you thought this particular lesson was NOT going to contain a mention of my iphone, because it is! You can visit THIS post to see just how excited he was, courtesy of iphone video of course!
5. This post is NOT sponsored by iphone – wish it was!!!
6. I am proud of me too this week, as I am continuing to follow the 30 Day challenge on Wii EA Sports Active Personal Trainer – missed a few sessions, and finding it harder to do up at the cottage, as there is not another room to use it in, so less inclined to interrupt the family evening.
7. Birthdays can still be exciting, even when you are turning 42. Especially if they involve a night away in a luxury hotel with a spa.
8. I love to win a prize! Yesterday the lovely Martencja from Poland contacted me with the lovely news I had won a voucher for her digital scrapbooking store at After 5 designs. This is the item I chose – Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
If you want to find out more lessons learned this week in bloggy land, and I assume they are not all iphone related, then visit Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife.