Is it just me, or do Tuesday’s come around very quickly? It seems know time at all since last Tuesday’s post about lessons learned.
Here is what I learned in the past week
- I love my new splashback which was fitted behind my new range cooker in my new kitchen. It is glass in a pewter colour. I am sure it will look even better when the walls are finished, and the extractor fan is completed!
- Weathermen can be wrong – the forecast was for rain all over the weekend – we enjoyed some lovely sunshine….not warm sunshine, but this is Northern Ireland!
- It back to my favourite place to photograph, and I still love it. Normally there are very few cars on this little quiet road, but it seemed really popular, and I kept having to wait for the cars to move so I could get more snaps. These trees are still quite bare of leaves, but the wild broom added splashes of colour.
- Even though we have had a holiday cottage on the north coast for 3 years now, we are still discovering parts of the coastline which are new to us. We had never been to this particular part before, and it gave great views of the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge.
- Binoculars were a great present for my husband’s birthday, and the kids gave him a book on birdwatching which has already been made use of.
- It is great to be officially starting to make jewellery to sell – I have an excuse to visit lots of craft supply shops and spend money. Etsy store opening soon! My jewellery making is even “saving” me money as I am making a braclet and necklace to match my outfit for a dinner dance we will be going to on Friday…..pics later in the week, I promise.
- I learned it is good to remember family traditions! We often forget to measure the kids heights when we are staying at the cottage, but yesterday we remembered! Do you do this, or something similar? Of course I wish I had started when they were little, but better late than never!
Finally, a digital scrapbooking layout of a photo I took on Saturday, using Flowers, Wings and Growing Things by Heidi Williams at Weeds & Wildflower Designs.
For more lessons learned, be sure to visit Jo-Lynn at Musings of a Housewife.
Thanks for visiting.