This week will be a hectic one for our family and our church, as we are involved in an entire week of community outreach.
Yesterday morning we had a Family Fun morning, similar in style to our Fall Fest but without the pumpkins! An animal rescue centre brought along some of their residents including 2 owls, a fox, rabbit, ferret and hedgehog.
A fire engine complete with hose to squirt and 2 police motor bikes with flashing lights proved to be very popular. Sumo wrestling padded costumes were a definite highlight and
there was even a magician at the end and the kids were fascinated by the tricks as well as the slapstick humour.
Here are some photos of my son enjoying the morning activities:
As part of each of the events, designed to be welcoming to non-church friends too, there will be a short talk from a team of speakers – sharing of how “there’s more” for all of us through a personal Christian faith.
- Last night there was a Scottish Ceilidh where along with other the usual supper there was black pudding and turnip being served by a certain church member wearing a kilt and proud of his heritage!
- This morning the kids were provided breakfast in Sunday School, and the parents were invited to enjoy croissants and coffee along with the morning papers.
- A mums and daughters craft night
- A pub quiz
- A ladies chocolate fondue night
- Salsa dancing
- Laser Skirmishing
- Community Concert …..and there’s more!
Have you ever been involved in any events like this? Which of these would you like to attned in you lived near us in Northern Ireland?
So an exciting week ahead for everyone in our house – what are YOU up to this week?
I love the conversations we have through your comments on my blog, so leave a comment, pretty please?