Last week this was the list of what was ahead of us – updated with the progress to date:
- new understair storage cupboard being built Done!!!
- new hall / stairs / landing / dinning room carpet
- painting hall / stairs / landing – Starting next week
- new storage in the dinning room with a built-in concealed work area for my jewellery making
- new internal doors – which all need installed, primed and painted, all 13 of them! 1 installed, 12 more to go, starting next week
- new lights, doorbell and sockets – being installed next Monday
This might not seem like much progress, but I am delighted with our new cupboard under the stairs. I was worried I would miss our wide hall, and it would seem too narrow, but I think it is fine.
Here are a few photos to show the work
a reminder of how it looked before we started
the start of the new cupboard
a door frame is added
we have shelves! (inside and out)
and my son reckons this is the perfect place for his “Star Pupil” cup (until we have to give it back!)
and the new oak door with new handle (these what our new doors will all look like)
So, what do you reckon of the progress so far? Thanks so much to Brian Johnston for all his hard work and attention to detail. Lights, paint and carpets to follow soon – what this space blog.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.
Finally I want to share two very creative talented people:
my artist brother’s latest creation – worth watching! (and no, I don’t know how he did it!)
For those of you who can only see a white space where the video is, try this link
and finally …….